Handmade natural rubber toys for baby
Olimpia and Carolina are sisters, based in Barcelona, who founded Oli and Carol when they were just 21 and 16 years old, respectively!
Their goal has always been to create natural, sustainable rubber toys to be used as teethers, at bath time, and for sensory play for babies from birth onwards.
Their toys are made up of three collections:
Fruits and Veggies – a collection and fruit and vegetable-shaped toys that introduce children to a healthy lifestyle.
H2Origami – a collection of origami-like sea creatures which introduce kids to caring for the oceans by donating a percentage of the sales to the Oceana Organisation.
Do It Yourself – an online cotton crafting activity that allows children aged 6+ to take a step away from technology and a step towards traditional toys by getting creative.
All of the products are 100% plastic-free and made of natural raw materials following an artisanal handmade process.
To ensure that their products are unique, Oli and Carol follow six core values:
- Natural Rubber: Every toy is made using 100% natural rubber from Hevea trees. They’re flexible, soft, easy to hold, fun to squeeze and safe to chew.
- Hand Made: Every toy is hand made and painted by skilled artisans using natural pigments, which means that each toy is slightly different.
- Educational: While playing with these toys, kids will be developing basic motor skills and discover new textures, shapes and colours.
- 100% Safe Toy: None of the products have any holes; they follow an 'all-in-one-piece' system. This ensures that bacteria and mould can't creep in and grow in hidden nooks and crannies. All toys come with a non-toxic, biodegradable, hygienic and bacteria-free guarantee.
- Certified Quality: Every design is certified by the international standards or safety regulations, and they are all PVC, BPA, Phthalates and Nitrosamines free.
- Socially Responsible: The profits from the H2Origami collection are donated to Oceana to raise awareness about the importance of caring for the ocean and the earth. Oceana also provides schooling to children in India who can’t afford basic necessities, as well as aiding research into childhood cancer and ALS.
Oli and Carol have also just released a Garden Collection that we cannot wait to see!